It's official! Actually several things are official. After this 8 hour shift, I will go home to pack, clean the litter box, shower and drive to Matt's. Our train to Chicago leaves at 10:40pm..or maybe 11:40. I should probably find that out. I've never been, so this sitting at work, this waiting, is rather painful.
The other officials--Matt will soon be the proud owner of a cute, yellow house. AND I have full decorating/gardening privileges.
This means I need to start my crafting projects pretty soon as they will require practice before true perfection is reached. Thankfully Laura is all for crafting projects because she will also be buying a house (when did we get so old?). So first stop--cheap furniture in the need of sanding, painting, polishing, upholstering, etc. Second stop: the library. I need gardening books, who knows what plants are best planted in the fall? And what kind of ivy is most durable and easy to manage (aka not let take over the entire backyard)? I have a hankering to cover the shed/garage/Matt's Manly Tool/Wood-shop thing in ivy. Though I have since learned that ivy is a huge spider magnet...trade off for beauty?
I also have a butt load of beer bottle caps that I may or may not make stepping stones with.
And I really need to go pick up my sewing machine.
That's about it for officials and rambles.
Here's to upcoming craftiness and changes. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment