Thursday, May 12, 2011

Lazy, lazy, Loser

I tried my best to sleep in. I pulled blankets over my head, built a wall of pillows to block the sun, curled my body into strange yet comfy positions, and was met with nothing but utter awakeness. Today is my only off day, and my sole plans were to sleep in, read my sister's book, and do my laundry--at least until this afternoon when I volunteer at the House of Mews.

It's my plans that stole my sleep. My sister, my 12-year-old sister... wrote a book. WTH.
I've known I wanted to do that since I was in 5th grade and I haven't even written a chapter. Or brainstormed. My sister's book has 15 chapters. FIFTEEN! Granted its characters are bunnies, hamsters, dogs, and cats with typical names like Fluffy, Max, and Citty, but they have names and personalities. My favorite is this kick-ass bunny named Snowy. And the antagonists are rats. How appropriate.

Clearly, this is my wake up call, time to knock down the wall of pillows.

No comments:

Post a Comment